Did you know that October is Cyber Security Awareness Month?
Here at Fundriver, we take cyber security seriously. What a better time to share some interesting facts with our clients!
Our team LOVES crunching numbers, we know you do too - check out these staggering figures:
- Cyber crime is up 600% since the start of the pandemic
- Cyber crime costs to companies in 2015: $3 trillion, by 2025: $10.5 trillion
- 43% of cyber attacks are aimed at small businesses and only 14% say they are prepared for this
- A survey of small businesses found that 66% have experienced a cyber attack within the last 12 months
The most common attacks of small businesses are...
Phishing/social engineering – 57%
Compromised/stolen devices – 33%
Credential Theft – 30%
Do your part! Keep your personal and professional data safe with these tips:
1. Never use your work email for personal use
2. Use strong passwords
3. Never click 'phishy' links