FULL-TIME JR. SQL DEVELOPER POSITION AVAILABLE
We are looking for a full-time Jr. SQL Developer. Ideal candidates will thrive in a collaborative virtual environment working from home. As a small, growing company, Fundriver employees participate in decisions about how the business operates and contribute directly to Fundriver’s growth.
About the role:
At Fundriver, the Jr. SQL Developer helps to support our customers throughout their endowment accounting journey by creating and maintaining mission critical customized functionality. The Jr. SQL Developer is a cross-departmental role that works collaboratively within the Client Services model to maintain, service, and support customers. This role is perfect for someone who is US-based and looking for a 100% remote opportunity. Please note that this is not a heads-down developer position. You will constantly be working as part of a team and that is paramount to success in this role.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Utilize T-SQL to develop data imports and exports as well as create datasets for custom reports
- Work with our Project Managers and Support team to develop and maintain custom solutions for clients
- Fulfill requests from our amazing Support team while meeting deadlines, and managing internal and external expectations
- Serve as a critical member of the Support effort; one day this could involve loading data for clients while another day could be helping to bring transparency to processes
- Identify inefficient queries and work on improving runtimes as priorities allow
- Contribute to our internal code, documentation, and training repositories
We're looking for someone who has experience:
- 1-3 years SQL
- Creating efficient stored procedures, functions, and views (one to three years of experience would be great) in SSMS
- Communicating with non-technical stakeholders about complex technical topics
- Working autonomously and showcasing strong time management and organizational skills
- Working independently with excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Exhibiting dedication to excellence in customer service
What could really set you apart?
- Some experience with accounting, auditing, or financial reporting standards.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud, Workday, or Ellucian
- A Microsoft Certified Professional or similar certification
- Experience in MS Office with advanced Excel skills and Online ticketing and/or help desk experience a plus
- Experience working in a non-traditional development environment
- An interest in working West Coast Hours (a big plus!)
Qualified candidates, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive salary and benefits provided.